Elie and Earlsferry

( Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 )
Creative Commons License Text by Bill Kasman, December 2019 ; This work is dedicated to the Public Domain.
Images are under a separate Creative Commons Licence.


NT4899 : Allan Place, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
This narrow passage provides pedestrian access between High Street and Links Road and the golf course. Allan Place used to be part of Cadgers Wynd NT4899 : Cadgers Wynd, Earlsferry
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Ferry Road, Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Ferry Road leaves Earlsferry to pass St Ford farm and, after approximately one mile, joins the A917 at Broomlees Farm junction. Golfers on Earlsferry Links Golf Course must cross this road at the crossing point adjacent to the telephone box. The junction to the left is Links Road.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Links Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Seen from its junction with Ferry Road.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : The Golf House Club, Elie by Bill Kasman
Seen here from Ferry Road Elie's golf clubhouse was completed in 1877. Elie and Earlsferry golf club 'The Golf House Club' was established in May 1875 and takes its name from the clubhouse.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Ferry Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
After leaving the A917 at Broomlees Farm Ferry Road enters Earlsferry. Earlsferry Links Golf Course is cut in half by Ferry Road and golfers must cross from one side to the other by the white barriers on the left. The turning to the right is Links Road.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Grange Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Seen from Ferry Road these houses are in Grange Road.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Ferry Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Ferry Road runs through Earlsferry to the beach. Williamsburgh (road) is to the left and High Street is to the right.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Ferry Road, Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Ferry Road runs through Earlsferry from the beach (behind the camera) to the A917 at Broomlees Farm. High Street is to the left and Williamsburgh (road) is to the right.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Ferry Road, Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Ferry Road gives pedestrian access to the beach and a series of paths which run through the sand dunes between Chapel Ness and South Street, Elie.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Earlsferry House Care Home by Bill Kasman
This care home is situated in Williamsburgh and cares for up to 26 residents.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Footpath on beach, Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
There are several wynds or lanes offering access to the beach in Elie and Earlsferry and they all connect to a path which runs from the western end of South Street across the sand dunes almost to Chapel Ness.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Footpath on beach, Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
There are several wynds or lanes offering access to the beach in Elie and Earlsferry and they all connect to a path which runs from the western end of South Street across the sand dunes almost to Chapel Ness.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Rotten Row, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Off Williamsburgh this is one end of the crescent road of Rotten Row.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Rotten Row, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Off Williamsburgh this is one end of the crescent road of Rotten Row.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Cross Wynd, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
The building to the right is Earlsferry Town Hall which now functions as a village hall.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Earlsferry Town Hall by Bill Kasman
Built in 1872 the building is no longer used for official business and now functions as a village hall and was also previously used as a cinema. The base of the clock tower (built 1772) was the old town council meeting room and the town jail. There are two interesting plaques affixed to the building.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Plaque on Earlsferry Town Hall by Bill Kasman
This plaque was gifted to the town by Polish troops who were stationed and trained in this area during WWII.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Plaque on Earlsferry Town Hall by Bill Kasman
This plaque is next to the door of the Town Hall.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Crow-stepped gables by Bill Kasman
Seen here on Earlsferry Town Hall.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Forestair in Earlsferry High Street by Bill Kasman
This is the last genuine forestair in the village. Forestairs served as external access to the upper floor of the house and usually one section was used as the workplace - upstairs could be a workshop/storage whilst downstairs was the family home.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Cadgers Wynd, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
A 'cadger' was an itinerant salesman. Cadgers Wynd was the start of a road (known as Cadgers Way or Cadgers Road) from the beach near to the former East Harbour going straight over what is now the golf course and onwards to Muircambus where it is now part of the road to Balchrystie. Allan Place NT4899 : Allan Place, Earlsferry was formerly part of Cadger's Wynd. Cadgers Road may have extended to Falkland so that fish could be delivered to the Royal Palace.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Allan Place, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Allan Place provides pedestrian access between High Street and Links Road. It was formerly part of Cadgers Wynd NT4899 : Cadgers Wynd, Earlsferry
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Footpath on beach, Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
There are several wynds or lanes offering access to the beach in Elie and Earlsferry and they all connect to a path which runs from the western end of South Street across the sand dunes almost to Chapel Ness.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Sewage facility, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
In the sand dunes at the beach this is part of Earlsferry's waste water treatment facility. The metal covers hide pumping machinery.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Castwell Wynd, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
This is one of several wynds or lanes which offer pedestrian access to the beach.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : High Street, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
This cul-de-sac is off the high street. There is pedestrian access to the beach.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Earlsferry Library by Bill Kasman
This building was previously Kilconquhar Infant School (the village was once part of the Parish of Kilconquhar).
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Earlsferry Library by Bill Kasman
At the top of Siward Lane off Williamsburgh is Earlsferry Library. The building was previously Kilconquhar Infant School (the village was once part of the Parish of Kilconquhar).
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4899 : Links Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Seen over the golf course from Ferry Road.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Links Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Seen over the golf course from Ferry Road (visible on the left).
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Grange Road, Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Seen from Ferry Road. Grange Road is a private road which serves many properties with an excellent view over the golf course.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Elie and Earlsferry by Bill Kasman
Seen from Ferry Road over the golf course.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Ferry Road by Bill Kasman
Ferry Road leaves the A917 at Broomlees and leads to Earlsferry.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4801 : Ferry Road by Bill Kasman
Past St Ford farm Ferry Road proceeds towards Earlsferry.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4801 : Ferry Road by Bill Kasman
After leaving Earlsferry, Ferry Road approaches a sharp bend and a bridge over the former Fife Coast Railway. This section of the line was closed on 6.9.65.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4801 : Ferry Road by Bill Kasman
After leaving Earlsferry, Ferry Road approaches a sharp bend and a bridge over the former Fife Coast Railway. This section of the line was closed on 6.9.65.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4801 : Fife Coast Railway by Bill Kasman
From the bridge in this image NO4801 : Ferry Road a short section of the trackbed of the former Fife Coast Railway can still be seen. This section of the line was closed on 6.9.65.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4801 : Ferry Road by Bill Kasman
Ferry Road passes St Ford farm on its way to the junction with the A917 at Broomlees. Broomlees Farm Cottages are visible.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4801 : A917 to Elie by Bill Kasman
The turning to the right is Ferry Road which leads to Earlsferry. The turning to the left goes to Broomlees Farm.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NT4999 : South Street, Elie by Bill Kasman
From its junction with School Wynd we look eastwards along South Street which continues to become The Terrace.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Sand in the road! by Bill Kasman
The western end of South Street, Elie as it becomes Fountain Road. A surprising amount of windblown sand can accumulate here when the wind blows from the sea.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Elie Golf House Club by Bill Kasman
Elie's golf clubhouse was completed in 1877. Elie and Earlsferry golf club 'The Golf House Club' was established in May 1875 and takes its name from the clubhouse. Elie and Earlsferry Ladies Golf Club, which shares the course and clubhouse, was formed in 1884 and the Earlsferry Thistle Golf Club, which also has playing rights, was formed in 1875. The pole emerging from the small building on the left is interesting NO4800 : A periscope on a golf course - really?
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : A periscope on a golf course - really? by Bill Kasman
Yes, really! Elie Golf House Club NO4800 : Elie Golf House Club has a feature which no other golf club has - a periscope on the starter's hut! The first tee cannot be seen from the starter's hut so a periscope was installed to enable the starter to check if the first tee was clear before sending out the next group of golfers. The periscope came from HMS Excalibur which was scrapped in 1968 NO4800 : Elie Golf Course Starter Hut
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : The Pavilion, Elie by Bill Kasman
Close to Elie Golf House Clubhouse this cafe/restaurant offers a wide range of snacks and meals.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : The Pavilion, Elie by Bill Kasman
This popular cafe/restaurant offers a wide variety of snacks and meals. The tennis courts are part of Elie Sports Club.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Lane near The Pavilion by Bill Kasman
This lane runs close to the tennis courts of Elie Sports Club and provides service access to properties in Links Place.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Car Park, Elie by Bill Kasman
This car park provides parking for The Pavilion and overflow parking for The Elie Golf House Club and Elie Sports Club.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Car Park, Elie by Bill Kasman
This car park provides parking for The Pavilion and overflow parking for The Elie Golf House Club and Elie Sports Club.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Sign at Elie Golf House Club car park by Bill Kasman
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


NO4800 : Exit from Elie Golf House Club by Bill Kasman
Leading to Links Place. Visitors car park is on the right. Disabled parking for The Pavilion is on the left.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
by Bill Kasman


KML

( Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 )
You are not logged in login | register