Geograph for Developers
If you know what any of the following mean, and have an interest in helping out, then please get in touch
- Developers Virtual Machine (see below) - run a copy of Geograph locally to experiment
- Live API - ondemand access to Geograph Data
- Data Downloads - load our data into your mysql database
- SVN Repository
(more: Geograph Hub)
torrents download site or read more
- All you need is the (free) VMplayer application, and can run Geograph locally in a matter of minutes.
See also the Geograph-API-Users Google Discussion Group
Big Ideas for Geograph, which lists a number of ideas for projects involving geograph data and/or the geograph website; particully suited to work by an new or external developer.
- Flash based Image viewers (lots of possibilities here...)
- Statistics - we have the weblogs, just not the application to process them (aside from generic stats pages like awstats) - looking for a solution to give per photo/user breakdowns)
- Develop new educational games (ideally incorporating our photos and maps!)
- and anything else you can think off!
... then there of course is the ongoing grammar and typo updates for documentation etc, and compatibility testing of all ongoing features ...