9. Former Signs of Kent

Kent Village Signs

( Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 )
Creative Commons License Text by David Anstiss, September 2010 ; This work is dedicated to the Public Domain.
Images are under a separate Creative Commons Licence.


Formerly Kent Signs

In 1889, the County of London was created and the townships of Deptford, Greenwich, Woolwich, Lee, Eltham, Charlton, Kidbrooke and Lewisham were transferred out of Kent and in 1900 the area of Penge was gained. Some of Kent, notably Dartford, is contiguous with Greater London.
After the World War II, Kent's borders changed several more times. In 1965 the London boroughs of Bromley and Bexley were created from nine towns formerly in Kent

Below are some of the former Kent Village Signs;

Chelsfield, Chislehurst, Cudham, Green Street Green, Petts Wood, West Wickham and other parts of Bromley, used to be classed within Kent. Hence, Invicta (the prancing horse symbol of Kent) on the sign. But due to the creation of the Greater London Council. They now fall within London.

Other Village Sign Links

Village Signs with Oast HousesExternal link
Village signs of KentExternal link

Link to top of this page





KML

( Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 )
You are not logged in login | register