Crossing the Wergs Road at Tettenhall there are further fishing pools.
Escaping the Battle of Worcester in 1651 King Charles II had a rendezvous near Pendeford Mill on his journey between Boscobel and Moseley Old Hall.
A bridge at Somerford(stone bridge)is recorded as having been repaired in 1605 and the current bridge was built in 1796.
The Roman Road, the Watling Street, crosses the river at Stretton. The Roman camp at Pennocrvcium was located nearby to control the crossing point on the river. Once across the river the roads led to Deva(Chester)and Viroconium(Shrewsbury). The current bridge is a Thomas Telford design from 1830s when the A5 Holyhead Road was improved.
The earliest recorded bridge at Cuttlestone dates from 1225 and the current bridge from the 17th or 18th century.
( Page 1 2 3 4 5 next >> )