The Tidal River Trent
- River Trent
- Cromwell Lock to Carlton Beck
- Carlton Beck to the Fleet
- High Marnham to Dunham Bridge
- Dunham Bridge to Torksey Lock
- Trent Port to West Burton Power Station
- West Burton Power Station to Gainsborough
- Morton to Chesterfield Canal
- River Idle to West Stockwith
- Susworth to Burrington and M180 Trent Bridge
- Keady Bridge to Gunness Wharf
- Keadby Lock
- Flixborough Wharf
- Flixborough to Burton Stather
- Kingsferry Wharf
- Trent Falls and Trent Mouth
The M180 bridge was opened in 1979 by Kenneth Clarke. The four span bridge is a segmental pre-cast concrete box girder constructed by the balanced cantilever method. The bridge relieved pressure on the nearby crossing downstream at Keadby. There is a 5m tidal range at the site.
Keady (King George V) Bridge carries a twin track railway and road traffic. Until the construction of the M180 motorway bridge this was the only crossing point north of Gainsborough. The bridge opened in 1916 had a Scherzer type rolling and lifting span. The lifting Bascule span was closed in 1956.
Gunness Wharf, operated by RMS Trent Ports Ltd, offers two 100m berths for vessels up to 5.3m draft.
The Stainforth and Keadby Canal completed in 1802 is part of the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation connecting with the River Don. The entrance to Keadby Lock from the River Trent could best be described as challenging.
( Page < < prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next >> )