This bit is a rather monotonous plantation of pine trees.
Designed by Captain Samuel Brown and the Aberdeen City Architect John Smith, it was opened to pedestrians in November 1830 and to traffic in May 1831. Closed in 1984 to vehicles and then pedestrians in 2002, it was restored in 2006/07, Now part of National Cycle Route 1.
Looking up the valley towards Mill Number 3 which is partially situated in this grid square.
Looking south from Wellington Suspension Bridge (National Cycle Route 1).
The hill behind may be called Askew Hill, as Askew Hill Farm sits on the side of it.
Conwy Castle is in the distant centre.
The Hall has been converted into a hotel, now owned by the National Trust, see; http://www.bodysgallen.com/history/
Looking across Holt Road from Leighton Road towards the former Volunteer Drill Hall. The building is now the business premises of JEL Electrical Ltd http://www.jelelectrical.co.uk/
A distant view of Ailsa Craig taken from the passenger steamer "Waverley" on a beautiful late-July afternoon when the Craig was developing a small cloud cap. The island lies half-way between Glasgow and Belfast, giving rise to the nick-name of Paddys Milestone, a landmark for Irish immigrants heading for Scotland in the 19th century.
Heading west on National Cycle Route 1.
The general Post Office in Beaconsfield has now moved elsewhere, but they retain an interest in this property at 13 Station Road as a Delivery and Enquiry Office, while a barbers now occupies the area with the red canopies over the windows. The building was contructed around 1926 to the plans of the architect David Nicholas Dyke, who was a prolific designer of post offices around that time.
The photographer is indebted to fellow Geographer Julian Osley http://www.geograph.org.uk/profile/11136 for the latter data abstracted from the specific page on his website here http://britishpostofficearchitects.weebly.com/beaconsfield.html
Approaching Wellington Suspension Bridge.