What is a Licensor
This is an extract from the legal code of the Creative Commons Licence in use for all Geograph images:
- "Licensor" means the individual or entity who offers the Work under the terms of this licence.
- "Original Author" means the individual or entity who created the Work.
Examples of uses of this
- Schools and scout groups: a single teacher can contribute, but attribute the photos to the relevant child. This is on the condition that have permission to do so. Also note that the full name of the child does not have to be included, but the credit serves as means to distinguish photographers.
- Family groups: a single person can upload all the photos, but they can remain attributed to the correct photographer.
- Historic photos: a contributor can submit photos taken by, for example, deceased family members.
- Do not republish the work of others already published under a Creative Commons Licence, either elsewhere or especially on Geograph, such content is not approriate for Geograph. All photos on Geograph should be contributed by the photogapher, or a closely-related Licensor.