SO9851 : St. James's Church, Bishampton

near to Bishampton, Worcestershire, Great Britain

St. James's Church, Bishampton.
St. James's Church, Bishampton.
Originally built in Norman times the first recorded Vicar of Bishampton was Thomas de Pippard and full list of vicars from that time exists in the Church. The church was once a chapelry of Fladbury and at that time was dedicated to St. Peter. However, during rebuilding in 1870 the figure carved for the pulpit proved to be St James and not St. Peter. It proved easier to rededicate the Church to St James than to remake the pulpit!

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Dunn and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO9851, 10 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SO9851)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Friday, 13 May, 2005   (more nearby)
Sunday, 15 May, 2005
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 98 51 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 52:9.7062N 2:1.4007W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 342 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donate to geograph