NG3767 : Monkstadt House

near to Linicro, Highland, Great Britain

Monkstadt House
Monkstadt House
Became, in 1730, the clan seat of the Chief of the MacDonalds after they abandoned Duntulm Castle.They later moved to Armadale. The house was recorded as having possibly the first slate roof on Skye as early as 1736.
Nice to see it coming to life again.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dave Fergusson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NG3767, 9 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for NG3767)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 14 January, 2006
Buildings > Building (derelict)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NG 379 675 [100m precision]
WGS84: 57:37.2628N 6:23.4561W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NG 379 674
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 921 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved