SJ3396 : Linacre Methodist Mission, Linacre Road, Litherland

taken 12 years ago, near to Bootle, Sefton, Great Britain

Linacre Methodist Mission, Linacre Road, Litherland
Linacre Methodist Mission, Linacre Road, Litherland
Linacre Methodist Mission was founded in 1898 by Mrs. Elizabeth Walker and her son Mr. Albert James Walker. A two up two down house was bought in Langton Road, Litherland which was rapidly outgrown and in 1900 the first Linacre Wesleyan Mission was built to house a congregation of 500. In 1904 at the Sunday School Anniversary a crowd of three thousand came compelling the Mission authorities to hold the evening service in the open air in front of the Hall. Plans were drawn up to construct a new Mission Hall in front of the existing one to accommodate 1200 and this building was opened on the 30th. September 1905.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3396, 29 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 14 January, 2006
Category
Church (Methodist)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 338 968 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:27.8258N 2:59.9163W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ3396) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 1425 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register