SE6577 : Stonegrave Minster

taken 12 years ago, near to Stonegrave, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Stonegrave Minster
Stonegrave Minster
The dedication of this church is the Holy Trinity and the building seen today is largely of 1863 by G Fowler Jones, although there are parts which go back to C12 and one would, to justify the designation as a Minster expect a much earlier, Anglo Saxon, foundation. It is now part of a group of churches but was formerly a Rectory in its own right, the advowson, in the 19th century, belonged to the crown.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gareth Foster and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE6577, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 January, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 65 77 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 54:11.3457N 0:59.8627W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for SE6577)
This page has been viewed about 208 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register