SE5878 : Ampleforth: St Hilda

near to Ampleforth, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Ampleforth: St Hilda
Ampleforth: St Hilda
Much of this church dates from a rebuilding in 1868 by T H & F Hedley but parts go back to the 11th century. Part of a group of churches today, in the 19th century it was a Vicarage within the Liberty of St Peter (ie., adminstered by York Minster) and the Prebendary of Ampleforth was the patron of (ie., held the advowson, owned and obtained profit from the tithes, presented to) the living.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gareth Foster and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE5878, 80 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for SE5878)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Sunday, 15 January, 2006
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 58 78 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 54:11.9356N 1:6.2867W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 181 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved