NS5963 : St. Andrew's Suspension Bridge

near to Glasgow, Great Britain

St. Andrew's Suspension Bridge
St. Andrew's Suspension Bridge
Built 1854-55 to replace a busy ferry which conveyed workers from Bridgeton and Calton to Hutchesontown, this wrought iron structure has a single span of 67 metres. It was repaired in 1870 and 1905. Major structural repairs and refurbishment was undertaken between 1996 and 1998.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright G Laird and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2008
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5963, 97 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 14 December, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 14 December, 2008
Category
Suspension bridge   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 599 639 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:50.9074N 4:14.2825W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 599 639
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 129 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved