SJ7215 : Lilleshall Monument

near to Lilleshall, Telford And Wrekin, Great Britain

Lilleshall Monument
Lilleshall Monument
Erected in memory of the First Duke of Sutherland in 1839. On it is the inscription: "To the memory of George Granville Leveson Gower, K.G. 1st Duke of Sutherland. The most just and generous of landlords. This monument is erected by the occupiers of his Grace's Shropshire farms as a public testimony that he went down to his grave with the blessings of his tenants on his head and left behind him upon his estates the best inheritance which a gentleman of England can bequeath to his son; men ready to stand by his house, heart and hand."
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Graham Clutton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ7215, 32 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SJ7215)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
1974   (more nearby)
Wednesday, 18 January, 2006
Monument > Monument   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 729 156 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:44.2408N 2:24.1685W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 947 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donations accepted