TF4085 : St.Edith's churchyard, Little Carlton, Lincs

taken 12 years ago, near to Little Carlton, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

St.Edith's churchyard, Little Carlton, Lincs.
St.Edith's churchyard, Little Carlton, Lincs.
The octagonal Perpendicular font and ground plan in brick edging is all that remains of St.Edith's church at South Carlton. A church built of chalk in Little Carlton was recorded in the Domesday book of 1086. The church was rebuilt in 1837 using the original materials. The last service and christening was held in October 1978 and the last Carol service in December 1978. The church was declared redundant in 1981 and demolished in 1993.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF4085, 48 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
January 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 18 January, 2006
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 403 853 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:20.7594N 0:6.3650E
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 181 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register