SE1422 : Bethel Street, Brighouse

near to Brighouse, Calderdale, Great Britain

Bethel Street, Brighouse
Bethel Street, Brighouse
This was the original main road through Brighouse, from Leeds and Wakefield to the east to Elland and Huddersfield to the south and west. It must have been very narrow, as it was widened in 1907 by rebuilding shops. The Prince of Wales Inn was rebuilt in 1926, and the timber in the frontage was from a wooden battleship HMS Donegal, built in 1858. Then a mystery building that looks as if it were a grand entrance and now houses a bank, then next door but one was until 1904 the Bethel Methodist New Connection Chapel, although looking like a Georgian town house. It was built in 1811 and gave its name to the street.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE1422, 760 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 21 January, 2006
Street scene   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 145 227 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:42.0322N 1:46.9110W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 117 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donations accepted