SE2933 : Cenotaph, The Headrow, Leeds

taken 12 years ago, near to Leeds, Great Britain

Cenotaph, The Headrow, Leeds
Cenotaph, The Headrow, Leeds
The Cenotaph is in Victoria Gardens on The Headrow, but was originally in City Square, where it was unveiled by the Earl of Harewood in 1922. It was moved in 1936 when City Square was altered.
The statues were designed by H C Fehr, who also designed the war memorial in Colchester, and the statue of Queen Victoria in Hull. At the top is an angel, carrying roses, on this side of the base is St George conquering the dragon, and out of view on the far side, Peace, as a girl dressed in Art Nouveau style.
The buildings behind are the Art Gallery on the left, one of the 2 towers of Leeds Civic Hall (with golden owl), and the Henry Moore Institute on the right.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rich Tea and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE2933, 2113 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 26 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 28 January, 2006
Category
Memorial > Cenotaph   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 298 338 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.9793N 1:32.9427W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 1625 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register