SJ4988 : Cronton Hall

near to Cronton, Knowsley, Great Britain

Cronton Hall
Cronton Hall
The name of the township of Cronton is of Saxon origin meaning 'settlement of crows'. It lies within the parish of Farnworth, 7 miles west of Warrington, 5 miles south of Prescot and 4 miles south of St Helen's. The manor formed part of the ancient Barony of Widnes until about 1250 and its lands passed through a succession of owners until the Wright family eventually became sole owners in the mid seventeenth century. Successive generations of the family lived at Cronton Hall until 1821 when it was sold to Mr Bartholomew Bretherton of Rainhill who enlarged the house and grounds. Cronton Hall is a prime example of the 'Queen Anne' style house and is now the centre of the Town End Conservation Area.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4988, 44 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SJ4988)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 28 January, 2006
Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 494 886 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.5079N 2:45.7402W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 460 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved