SK9393 : St.Andrew's church, Willoughton, Lincs

near to Willoughton, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

St.Andrew's church, Willoughton, Lincs.
St.Andrew's church, Willoughton, Lincs.
Almost entirely of 1794 with a medieval chancel arch. A notable curiosity is the six feet long 'vamping horn' used instead of bells to call parishioners to church, its humming note reputedly audible up to mile away ... unfortunately it hasn't been used for over a century.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9393, 32 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SK9393)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Sunday, 29 January, 2006
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 932 933 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:25.6958N 0:35.9275W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 353 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved