SP3379 : Coventry Theatre demolition, side

taken 15 years ago, near to Coventry, Great Britain

Coventry Theatre demolition, side
Coventry Theatre demolition, side
The Coventry Hippodrome opened its doors on 1st November 1937, became the Coventry Theatre in 1955, the Apollo Theatre in 1981 and closed on its last show on 6th June 1985, after which it became a bingo hall until final closure, followed, after protests, by demolition in 2002. Its seating capacity was 2,000 in stalls, circle and 'gods'.

The site is now occupied by Millennium Place and the neighbouring Coventry Transport Museum which was extended and given a new frontage.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright E Gammie and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP3379, 931 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 5 May, 2002   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 29 January, 2009
Geographical Context
City, Town centre  Sport, Leisure 
Image Buckets ?
Gone 
Category
Theatre   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 335 792 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:24.6356N 1:30.5365W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 334 792
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Demolished  Theatre 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 227 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register