TA0936 : Parish Church of St Peter, Wawne

near to Wawne, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Parish Church of St Peter, Wawne
Parish Church of St Peter, Wawne
A church was recorded at Wawne in 1115 and was noted as dedicated to St Peter and St Paul in 1505. It was largely rebuilt in the 14th and 15th centuries and restored by J. M. Teale of Doncaster in 18745. In the photograph the chancel is being re-roofed. More information on Wawne and its church can be found at British History Online. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2009
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA0936, 59 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Fourth Visitor for TA0936)
Date Taken
Friday, 13 February, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 14 February, 2009
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 091 368 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:48.9626N 0:20.6621W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 091 367
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 51 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register