SJ4912 : Former Church of St Nicholas, Castle Street, Shrewsbury

taken 18 years ago, near to Shrewsbury, Shropshire, Great Britain

Former Church of St Nicholas, Castle Street, Shrewsbury
Former Church of St Nicholas, Castle Street, Shrewsbury
This Presbyterian Church has now been converted to offices. It was built in 1870 of limestone, in the Romanesque style with a high and short nave and lean-to aisles. Pensner describes the style as 'atrocious neo-Norman', but it does at least have chahracter. It replaced the Chapel of St Nicholas in the outer bailey of the castle.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4912, 1392 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 18 June, 2000   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 4 February, 2006
Category
Church or chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 493 127 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:42.5746N 2:45.1120W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 130 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register