NU1134 : Belford Hall

taken 28 years ago, near to Belford, Northumberland, Great Britain

Belford Hall
Belford Hall
The Grade 1 listed hall was completed in 1756. Designed by James Paine for Abraham Dixon, it was later bought by Newcastle merchant William
Clark. He commissioned architect John Dobson to remodel and add two new wings in 1810. Pevsner describes it as "one of (Paine's) most satisfying designs... at once both restrained and animated." It was converted to 16 apartments in the 1980s.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Harrop and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NU1134, 30 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
May 1989   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 21 February, 2009
Category
Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 111 341 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:36.0614N 1:49.5144W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 111 341
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for NU1134) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 108 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register