TA0628 : Anlaby Road, Hull

taken 9 years ago, near to Kingston Upon Hull, Great Britain

Anlaby Road, Hull
Anlaby Road, Hull
Looking east-northeast towards the Carlton Theatre from just west of Stirling Street. Designed by Blackmore and Sykes and built by Greenwood and Sons, the Carlton opened on September 9th 1928 showing the silent film "Lonesome Ladies". It was a lavishly decorated cinema with a Fitton and Haley organ which was later removed to the more central Cecil Theatre, destroyed by bombing during World War 2. The Carlton closed in April 1967 and was used as a bingo hall until fairly recently. The building is now disused.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA0628, 303 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 February, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 22 February, 2009
Category
City street   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 068 287 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:44.6246N 0:22.9072W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 067 286
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 125 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register