TA0628 : The Carlton Theatre, Hull

taken 9 years ago, near to Kingston Upon Hull, Great Britain

The Carlton Theatre, Hull
The Carlton Theatre, Hull
Former suburban cinema on the north side of Anlaby Road, Hull, looking north from Glencoe Street. Designed by Blackmore and Sykes and built by Greenwood and Sons, the Carlton opened on September 9th 1928 showing the silent film "Lonesome Ladies". It was a lavishly decorated cinema with a Fitton and Haley organ which was later removed to the more central Cecil Theatre, destroyed by bombing during World War 2. The Carlton closed in April 1967 and was used as a bingo hall until fairly recently. The building is now disused.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA0628, 333 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 February, 2009   (more nearby)
Sunday, 22 February, 2009
Cinema (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 068 287 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:44.6241N 0:22.8708W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 068 286
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 558 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register