TQ4501 : Parker Pen Factory

taken 9 years ago, near to Newhaven, East Sussex, Great Britain

Parker Pen Factory
Parker Pen Factory
Pen making has been going on at this site since 1921 when a former army camp was converted into a small factory by Felix MacCauley. His business was taken over by Valentines in 1932 who made the first changes to the factory and during the war made precision parts for torpedoes and firing pins. They in turn were taken over by Parker Pen in 1945 who have been here ever since though since its acquisition by Sanfords the site has been downgraded and most of its functions moved elsewhere. The embankment in the garden is a former river bank, the Ouse once formed an S shape from the northern tip of what is now Denton Island until it was straightened in the mid 19th century.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4501, 80 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 February, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 22 February, 2009
Category
Factory > Factory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 451 013 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:47.6294N 0:3.4694E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 451 013
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 50 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register