SP1579 : Parish church of St Alphege

taken 69 years ago, near to Solihull, Great Britain

Parish church of St Alphege
Parish church of St Alphege
A vintage view from Rectory Gardens, showing the south elevation of this fine building, the only medieval cruciform church in the diocese and one of just three in the historic county of Warwickshire. The oldest parts date from 1220 and it was enlarged at various times until the 16th century.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Keith Yardley and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP1579, 165 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
Contributed by
Tiger   (find more nearby)
Date Taken
1949   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 24 February, 2009
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 153 792 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:24.6462N 1:46.5371W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 154 791
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 154 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register