SH3793 : The disused Cemaes brickworks

taken 9 years ago, near to Cemaes, Isle of Anglesey/Sir Ynys Mon, Great Britain

The disused Cemaes brickworks
The disused Cemaes brickworks
As a commercial venture these brickworks had only a brief existence. Built in 1907, they were closed in 1914. The works had a Hoffman kiln. Further technical information is provided on LinkExternal link - in the section entitled "Llanlleiana and Cemaes Bay brickworks".

This brickworks was opened in 1907 by local landowner Lady Sarah Hughes-Hunter, but soon a protege of the Hughes-Hunter family, Owen Thomas (later Brig-Gen Owen Thomas), and his rather dodgy Anglesey Trading Company became the principal operator of the works.

LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eric Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH3793, 203 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 9 January, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 28 February, 2009
Category
Brick factory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 373 931 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:24.5913N 4:26.8716W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 373 931
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 91 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register