NS5861 : Langside Library

taken 9 years ago, near to Cathcart, Glasgow, Great Britain

Langside Library
Langside Library
Langside library in Sinclair Drive opened in 1915. Designed by George Simpson, it was the last of the Carnegie libraries to be built in the city but the first to be designed on the principle of open access. Previously, borrowers had to apply at the counter for a book, having retrieved a reference from the catalogue. George Simpson's design allowed borrowers to go to the shelves to examine books before deciding to take them home.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dave Forrest and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5861, 127 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 27 July, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 5 March, 2009
Category
Library   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 580 616 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:49.6024N 4:16.0468W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 580 616
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 51 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register