SK4841 : Bench by the Nottingham Canal

taken 9 years ago, near to Cossall, Nottinghamshire, Great Britain

Bench by the Nottingham Canal
Bench by the Nottingham Canal
The Nottingham Canal was a 14.75 mile (23.6km) long canal between Langley Mill in Derbyshire and Nottingham. It opened in 1796 carrying coal from the coal fields to the City of Nottingham, the River Trent and beyond. With the advent of the railways canal traffic declined and the canal was closed in 1937. The southern section is now part of the River Trent Navigation. Since 1977, the Broxtowe Borough Council has owned and maintained the upstream sections from Wollaton to Langley Mill as a nature reserve and walking trail.
Here, north of the Cossall Road car park, the canal follows the line of the road linking Trowell to the village of Cosall.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kate Jewell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK4841, 149 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 5 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 8 March, 2009
Category
Canal (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 483 413 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:58.0240N 1:16.8666W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 483 412
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 33 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register