NS3322 : Fort Street, Ayr

taken 9 years ago, near to Ayr, South Ayrshire, Great Britain

Fort Street, Ayr
Fort Street, Ayr
Looking north, towards the harbour, on a fine March morning. The blue building in the foreground is the Dansarena studios. It was built in the early 19th century as the New Church, which became Cathcart Church after an amalgamation in 1951. The original gateway has been retained. (Source: "Ayrshire: Discovering A County", by Dane Love). The sandstone building to the north is Ayr Academy. Fort Street takes its name from the Cromwellian fort that was built on this site in 1652-3.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mary and Angus Hogg and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS3322, 644 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 6 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 8 March, 2009
Category
Buildings > Buildings   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 334 220 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:27.8430N 4:38.1172W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 334 220
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 59 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register