NS3206 : The Schoolhouse, Crosshill

taken 9 years ago, near to Crosshill, South Ayrshire, Great Britain

The Schoolhouse, Crosshill
The Schoolhouse, Crosshill
This house was built in the mid 19th century as the Manse for the United Free Church. This use ended in 1931, when the United Free Church and the Parish Church amalgamated. (Source: The Story Of The Crosshill Churches", by James Crichton). The County Council purchased the building and part of the Glebe, and used the old Manse as the Schoolmaster's House. Up to 1970, the Schoolhouse, as it was then called, was allocated to the Headmaster of the village school. It was then allocated to local teachers, but without being tied to any particular school. The building is now privately owned.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mary and Angus Hogg and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS3206, 145 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 8 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 9 March, 2009
Category
House   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 328 067 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:19.5626N 4:38.1913W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 327 066
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 41 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register