SP2553 : Loxley Church

near to Loxley, Warwickshire, Great Britain

Loxley Church
Loxley Church
The history of this church dates back to the 8th century when the site was given to the church by Offa, King of Mercia. Some of the original Saxon stonework remains in the north wall, however the present church was consecrated in 1286.

Most of the church, apart from the tower was rebuilt in the 18th century; the tower alone remaining unaltered. Note the unusual stonework in walls of the small vestry SP2553 : Loxley Church Vestry. The church is dedicated to St Nicholas and more details can be found here LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Stowell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP2553, 20 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SP2553)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Friday, 10 February, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 11 February, 2006
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 258 530 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:10.4796N 1:37.4485W
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 254 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved