NT8347 : The Green at Swinton

taken 9 years ago, near to Swinton, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

The Green at Swinton
The Green at Swinton
The village was planned around this rectangular green where the village cross (1769) stands. The prominent building on the left is the former Free Church (1860) now used as the village hall, but closed to the public at present. The name Swinton probably comes from 'Swine Town' from the days when there were lots of wild boars (pigs or swine) in the area. (Source: Swinton Kirk information leaflet).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT8347, 50 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 12 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 14 March, 2009
Category
Village green   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 8350 4740 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:43.1842N 2:15.8532W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 8349 4739
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 82 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register