SJ4286 : Mechanics’ Institution, St. Mary’s Street

taken 9 years ago, near to Woolton, Liverpool, Great Britain

Mechanics’ Institution, St. Mary’s Street
Mechanics’ Institution, St. Mary’s Street
The Mechanics Institute erected in 1848 in St. Mary's Street, was built of Woolton sandstone with a bell turret. Established primarily by the Rev. Dr. Shepherd, Minister of Gateacre Unitarian Chapel, it comprised of one larger upper room and two smaller ones downstairs. The premises were purchased by Liverpool Education Committee in 1921 for a manual instruction and domestic science centre. It is now privately owned.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4286, 32 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 10 February, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 March, 2009
Category
Institute   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 421 868 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:22.5035N 2:52.2248W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 421 867
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 69 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register