NT8742 : The remains of St Cuthbert's Chapel

taken 9 years ago, 3 km from Lennel, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

The remains of St Cuthbert's Chapel
The remains of St Cuthbert's Chapel
This ruined building, viewed from Twizel Viaduct, was built around 1800 as a Gothick folly by Sir Frances Blake. It stands in a field near the confluence of the River Tweed and River Till. The River Till is in the foreground.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT8742, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 16 March, 2009
Category
Ruins > Ruins   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 8701 4290 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:40.7647N 2:12.4879W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 8730 4303
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 122 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register