NT8742 : St Cuthbert's Chapel

taken 9 years ago, 3 km from Lennel, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

This is 1 of 4 images, with title St Cuthbert's Chapel in this square
St Cuthbert's Chapel
St Cuthbert's Chapel
This ruined building was erected by Sir Frances Blake around 1800 as a Gothick folly. It stands near the confluence of the River Tweed and River Till. A grid line runs through the building close to the east gable, but most of the ruin is within NT8742.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT8742, 26 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Monday, 16 March, 2009
Ruins > Ruins   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 8701 4290 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:40.7647N 2:12.4879W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 8702 4289
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 85 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register