SK5743 : Sherwood Tram Depot

taken 9 years ago, 3 km from Nottingham, Great Britain

Sherwood Tram Depot
Sherwood Tram Depot
Built in 1900, it saw the commencement of Nottingham's electric trams in 1901. Trams ran from here until the system closed in 1936 when it became a bus garage. The increasing size of buses meant that it was more and more difficult to use as a bus depot and it closed in the late 1980s. There were proposals to convert it into a supermarket, but its listed building status meant that the chain involved could not produce a satisfactory solution that would not involve major structural changes. Now it is again housing buses, but these are the smaller ones run by Nottingham Community Transport, providing services to the less mobile. Half the northern bay has been converted into a pub, and the former staff facilities at the rear are used for various community activities.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Alan Murray-Rust and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK5743, 84 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 18 March, 2009
Category
Tram depot (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 573 430 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:58.8768N 1:8.8006W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 574 429
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 128 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register