TQ4001 : Channel Grange, South Coast Road, Telscombe Cliffs

taken 9 years ago, near to Peacehaven, East Sussex, Great Britain

Channel Grange, South Coast Road, Telscombe Cliffs
Channel Grange, South Coast Road, Telscombe Cliffs
Built in the 1960s as part of infilling undertaken by Lewes District Council to give some sort of form to the towns of Peacehaven and Telscombe. Both had been developed from the end of the First World War by selling individual plots often without basic utilities on unmade roads. Their piecemeal development was partially responsible for the 1947 Town Planning Act and it was only from 1958 onwards that both towns came under the district council's responsibility who in turn began focusing on developing the town as a whole starting with the metalling of the roads, the supply of basic utilities and filling in the large gaps between previously developed individual plots.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4001, 81 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 19 March, 2009
Category
Flats   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 400 012 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:47.6444N 0:0.8209W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 400 012
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 33 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register