SP3565 : Offa's Church, Offchurch

near to Offchurch, Warwickshire, Great Britain

Offa's Church, Offchurch
Offa's Church, Offchurch
The original church on this site is believed to have been built by Offa, King of Mercia, in the 8th Century A.D., hence the name of the village. The basic structure of the nave and chancel of the current church date from around 1100 - 1120 and the tower from about 1400. The church is dedicated to St Gregory and has several interesting features including remains of "SP3565 : Offa's Coffin", a SP3565 : Sundial and English Civil War scars, plus a well preserved SP3565 : Norman Doorway.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Stowell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2009
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP3565, 64 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Thursday, 19 March, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 21 March, 2009
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 358 656 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:17.2426N 1:28.5951W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 358 656
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 265 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register