ST2076 : Splott University Settlement, Courteney Road

taken 12 years ago, near to Cardiff/Caerdydd, Great Britain

Splott University Settlement, Courteney Road
Splott University Settlement, Courteney Road
The Splott University Settlement (SUS) was founded in 1901 Portmanmoor Road, to promote education and recreation for the people of the district, moving in 1906 to the building on Walker/Courtenay Road. It is not connected to the University of Cardiff.
Note: That section of Walker Road between Splott Road and Moorland Road, was
renamed in 1915/16 to Courtenay Road after the second Lord Tredegar Courtenay
Morgan.

Shortly after the First World War, the Splott University Settlement building
became St Illtyd's College (1923-1964), a Grammar School for Catholic Boys in
Wales. After the Second World War the school moved to new premises at Quarry Hill, Rumney.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Linda Bailey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST2076, 72 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 12 February, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 13 February, 2006
Category
School   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 203 765 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:28.9090N 3:8.9473W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 1002 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register