SJ4996 : Kiln Lane, Windleshaw

taken 12 years ago, near to St Helens, Great Britain

Kiln Lane, Windleshaw
Kiln Lane, Windleshaw
Looking towards Denton's Green Lane from Kiln Lane. In the background can be seen the church of St Thomas of Canterbury opened in 1911 on land donated by Lord Gerard. The nearby ruined chantry of St. Thomas of Canterbury (locally known as 'Windleshaw Abbey) was founded by his ancestor, Sir Thomas Gerard, in 1435. The pub to the left is the Gerard Arms.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4996, 25 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 25 February, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 25 February, 2006
Category
Church and public house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 497 964 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:27.7158N 2:45.5444W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 496 963
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ4996) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 395 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register