SP3265 : Leamington Spa's first town hall

near to Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, Great Britain

Leamington Spa's first town hall
Leamington Spa's first town hall
This building on High Street was Leamington's first town hall, dating from 1831 and built to match the town's growth into a fashionable place to visit and take the waters. When the new town hall SP3165 : Town Hall, Royal Leamington Spa opened in 1884 the local police, who up until then had occupied a small corner of the building, took it over completely and it became Leamington Police Station. The police too have moved to new larger premises in Hamilton Terrace SP3165 : The Police Station, Royal Leamington Spa and today it is the Polish Club, reflecting the many Poles who came to the town as wartime refugees.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Stowell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP3265, 468 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 25 February, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 25 February, 2006
Town Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 321 651 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:16.9866N 1:31.8524W
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 290 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donate to geograph