NJ1457 : Pluscarden Abbey

taken 34 years ago, near to Barnhill, Moray, Great Britain

Pluscarden Abbey
Pluscarden Abbey
Pluscarden Priory was founded in 1230 by Valliscaulian monks from France, but fell into disrepair in the 16th century, following the Reformation. It was gifted to the Benedictine monks of Prinknash in 1943, since when it has been restored and is home to an independent Benedictine community. It was elevated to the status of an Abbey in 1974. See LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Anne Burgess and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NJ1457, 69 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 April, 1984   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 28 May, 2005
Category
Religious buildings > Abbey   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 142 576 [100m precision]
WGS84: 57:36.0243N 3:26.2264W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for NJ1457) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 230 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register