SK9771 : Bluecoat School

near to Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Bluecoat School
Bluecoat School
Also known as 'Christ's Hospital', the Bluecoat School was founded in 1612 with an endowment from the will of Dr.Richard Smith, for 6 poor boys and 6 poor girls to be boarded, fed, clothed and educated under the care of an usher and a matron. Further endowments allowed the school to expand to accommodate 120 scholars at one point, but it closed as a school in 1883. This building is by William Lumby in 1784, now part of the University of Lincoln faculty of Art.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9771, 3904 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 4 March, 2006   (more nearby)
Wednesday, 8 March, 2006
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 977 717 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:14.0015N 0:32.2645W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 76 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved