SE3033 : White Cloth Hall

taken 12 years ago, near to Leeds, Great Britain

White Cloth Hall
White Cloth Hall
Seen from the steps at the rear entrance of the Corn Exchange.
The White Cloth Hall was originally a cloth market, started in 1770. The market sold unfinished, undyed, cloth - the coloured cloth was sold elsewhere. The present building is only a part of the original one - the rear was removed when the railway viaduct was built behind it. Its main occupier is now Pizza Express.
See Leodis for an older pictures, which also shows the steps. LinkExternal link and LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rich Tea and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE3033, 2473 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 9 March, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 11 March, 2006
Category
Cloth market   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 304 333 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.7076N 1:32.3991W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 68 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register