NZ6025 : Regent Cinema

taken 12 years ago, near to Coatham, Redcar And Cleveland, Great Britain

Regent Cinema
Regent Cinema
Once the entrance to Coatham Pier which was built in 1875. The pier was breached by four ships in one night. It was later breached again and never repaired. In 1934 the entrance pavilion was rebuilt as the New Pavilion Theatre where Mike Neville, Larry Grayson and George Formby amongst others made their debut. In 1975 it became the Regent Cinema and is still one of the few remaining small cinemas left on Teesside in spite of the competitions from the big multiplexes.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mick Garratt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ6025, 225 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 March, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 11 March, 2006
Geographical Context
Suburb, Urban fringe  Business, Retail, Services  Sport, Leisure 
Category
Cinema   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 601 254 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:37.2107N 1:4.2467W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 602 253
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Cinema 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for NZ6025)
This page has been viewed about 146 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register