TQ3190 : Wood Green Crown Court

near to Wood Green, Haringey, Great Britain

Wood Green Crown Court
Wood Green Crown Court
Built in 1865 as a home for the sons of deceased and needy Freemasons, it was converted to a Training College for Schoolmistresses in 1904. In 1930 it was sold to the Tottenham District Gas Company and later became the offices of Eastern Gas until 1974 when the site was acquired by Haringey Council under whom the building was modernised and became the Wood Green Crown Court and Remand Centre with the rest of the site developed for housing. The building was struck by arson c1989 and promptly rebuilt with a new and very assertive roof.

Text adapted from Wikipedia LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Arb and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2008
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3190, 87 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 3 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 20 July, 2009
Category
Courthouse   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 31330 90592 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:35.9321N 0:6.3151W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 31335 90528
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 250 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donations welcome!