TQ0648 : The Irvingite Church, Albury

near to Albury, Surrey, Great Britain

The Irvingite Church, Albury
The Irvingite Church, Albury
At TQ060481 (taken from the main road at TQ059481). Henry Drummond, the owner of the Albury Estate from 1819, was a supporter of Edward Irving who founded the Catholic Apostolic Church, a mixture of ritual and Presbyterianism. The church was designed in 1840 by William McIntosh, in his version of the Perpendicular style. There is an octagonal chapter house on the north side. The church closed in 1950 and is not open to the public.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ0648, 125 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Third Visitor for TQ0648)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006   (more nearby)
Saturday, 8 April, 2006
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 060 481 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:13.3358N 0:29.0100W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 059 481
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 693 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved