NS9939 : Quothquan church ruins and churchyard

taken 8 years ago, near to Quothquan, South Lanarkshire, Great Britain

Quothquan church ruins and churchyard
Quothquan church ruins and churchyard
Quothquan church, located behind the new village hall, fell into disuse after the parish merged with Libberton and was used as a school room from 1724. About 1784 the building fell into a ruinous state and used as a family burying-place by the Chancellor family of Shieldhill. The bell in the tower dates from 1641.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Angus McCulloch and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS9939, 21 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 18 August, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 19 September, 2009
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 992 394 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:38.2987N 3:36.1064W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 993 394
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 167 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register